Monday, June 29, 2015

Love the life you live...



I read somewhere recently, that most people stop living at the age of 25, even though their life span may take them well into their seventies.  That was not too difficult for me to grasp, because as a society, we often live for the "THEN WHAT?" And it starts at an early age, mostly subconsciously.  It may play itself back in your head like this 'Once I start high school, I'm going to get involved in things that matter to me. THEN WHAT? And then I can't wait to get my learner's license. THEN WHAT? And I will get a job and save up monies for my first car. THEN WHAT? And then I will try out for the Varsity team/track/club etc... THEN WHAT?I will seek out the best college or technical school.  THEN WHAT? Once I finish college, I will get a high paying job, and get my first real apartment? THEN WHAT?  Travel and bit. THEN WHAT?  Get married? THEN WHAT?  Buy a house. THEN WHAT? Have a child or two, or three?

And somewhere along the fast paced journey, our dreams and personal aspiration, for which we were once most passionate about, begin to fade into oblivion.   Perhaps even buried, eulogy and all.   And we find ourselves at a place that is unfamiliar and unwelcome.
BUT THEN, sometimes we get one more chance at LIVING LIFE.  It takes strength, persevrance and courage as reach up from within ourselves and grab LIFE by her extended hands and create a doorway for those dreams to be resurrected, and lived out fully.  Something deep inside begins to stir, indicating that it's not over yet!  And where's there's light, there's life and where's there's life, there's hope and where's there's hope, there's opportunity, and where there's opporutuniy, there are endless possibilities.
There is a small percentage of creative, determined beings, that recognize their purpose and allow purpose to partner with their passion to live the life for which they were created. And as the sage poet, and song writer Bob Marley wrote, you will then “Love the life you live and live the life you love.” Now that's DA Art of Living!

~Simply Lady Dana
June 2015 (c)
Click on the link below for a tribute to Bob Marley himself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ1Oz6K4rOI

No comments:

Post a Comment